McCain is expected to announce his Veep this week and put an end to at least half of the Veep stakes. I am going to say that it will be one of the eight following people:
8. John Sununu (R-NH) Net: 0
Pro's: Mod. Republican helps with Independents
Con's: He can barely even keep his senate seat. Don't Expect them to Take NH with Sununu
7.Rudy Guiliani (R-NY) Net -1
Pro's: Beloved around the country
1) no Experience
2) Sentence consist of "a noun and a verb and 9/11"
6. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN) Net -1
Pro's: he can't hurt him
1) No charisma
2) wont help him take MN
5. Charlie Christ (R-FL) net: +2
1) Helps in Florida
2) High approval
3) Moderate, Helps with ind.
Con's: Only helps in florida
4. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) net +1
1)Ultra Conservative, helps them come out to the polls.
2) Helps emphasize foreign Policy
Con's: will piss off democrats and Indy's
3. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) Net: -3
1) helps in the north east
2) Democrat's Veep in 2000
1) no charisma
2) will piss every one off
3) used to be a democrat
4) the "Kiss of Death"
5) Won't help win any big states
2. Mike Huckabee (R-AR) net +4
1) the Second Place showing
2) Helps with Conservatives
3) Helps with Moderates
4) Most electable Veep by far
5) Helps GOP keep the south
Con's: a "Religious whack"
1.Mitt Romney (R-MA) net +1
1) Helps in Michigan and Colorado
2) Ultra Conservative
3) almost became GOP Nominee
4) Really "Chummy" with McCain
1) Ultra Conservative, Hated by Liberals and Indy's
3) says things like "some people say we ought to close Gauntanimo, I say we ought to double Gautanimo."
- ▼ July (10)